Website Usage & Contributor Agreement and Guidelines
Attend Tulsa is committed to providing timely, accurate and interesting stories about what to do and see in the Tulsa area. Our goal is to provide Tulsans and visitors to the Tulsa area with a guide to make the most of the community. In order to do so, we’ve set a number of guidelines that we and our community contributors must follow:
- At least 600 words in length with preference to longer articles
- Must be unique, never been previously posted (all submissions are checked)
- Keep it brand neutral
- Include relevant links that add value to the reader
- No affiliate links
- No keyword-rich linking
- Provide all necessary information to follow up. (i.e. don’t just reference external resources for information you’re referring to)
- Use appropriate lists and headers to improve readability
- If possible, include at least one image or photo
- You must have full rights to the images (in accordance with agreement)
- Include attribution when necessary
- Please provide a consent form from a parent or guardian for photos or videos of children under the age of 13.
- No stock photos
- Write about topics that are relevant to our site and help make Attend Tulsa a strong Local Guide for Tulsa and area. Suggested topics include (but not limited to):
- Museums and Attractions
- Points of Interest
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Culture
What we don’t want
- Political stories or events
- Promotional or advertorial content (e.g. no company specific news, or content reading similar to a press release, etc)
- Anything outside the Tulsa area (e.g. Oklahoma City, other states, other countries) that doesn’t involve the Tulsa area
For the full, detailed list of posting rules, see the “User Content Posting Rules” section of the Contributor Agreement and Guidelines.
Some events may require a press pass to gain access and cover the event. Contributors are responsible for applying for the press pass. Prior to applying, Contributors are to email email@example.com for permission and to receive a “Letter of Assignment” that will state you are on assignment to cover the event.
While representing Attend Tulsa, you are responsible be a consummate professional while on assignment.
If any issues arise, report them to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately with as much detail as possible and when necessary, contact the local authorities.
We don’t want our writers to be anonymous. Each of your published posts will have either links to your profile or a profile included in the article. In order to do this, we need the following:
- Brief description of who you are and what you like
- A profile photo
See the attached PDF for the complete Attend Tulsa – Contributor Agreement and Guidelines – May 15 . – Effective Date May 15, 2018.